The Hopes & Dreams SRD is a creation toolkit that helps you design a game where every mechanic serves the narrative in a quick, and efficient way. This goal focused system puts player characters against what they dread the most in every single roll.
Based on Hopes & Dreams, you will find here everything from rules, to design guidelines, to help you make your own game Ignited by Hopes & Dreams.
This system has:
- Checks: Opposed pools of d6s for rolls, and use the number of dice rolled to know the impact and cost of an action.
- Kits: Aspect-based character archetypes that focus on situational bonuses.
- Abilities: Ways for the characters to be unique and versatile on their own terms.
- Hope: A way for players to burn their hope to fuel their actions.
- Plot Tracks: A way to track things at the character, group, or story level which changes the world in a cinematic way.
- and more...